Our Work in the Community
This past year, World Music/CRASHarts offered greater Boston neighborhoods a variety of engagement and education activities that provided unifying community experiences and professional development.
A sampling of our community programming includes:
- Preconcert talks with Executive Director of Boston Dance Alliance Debra Cash and Grammy-winning author and jazz journalist Bob Blumenthal
- Community dance classes at the Dance Complex, Green Street Studios, Spontaneous Celebrations, Boston Arts Academy, and Conservatory Lab Charter School with international touring dance companies Raphael Xavier, Body Traffic, and Hervé Koubi
- Artists salon talks with choreographers Doug Varone and Michelle Dorrance, and a roundtable discussion for local dance makers with BodyTraffic's artistic director Tina Berkett
- Film screening about Pakistani artist Sanam Marvi and her search for her artistic roots and journey with Sufism. Plus a discussion on “The Intersection of Culture, Journalism, and Religion” with Pakistani journalist Madeeha Syed, Marco Werman from Public Radio International’s The World, and Professor Ali Asani from Harvard’s Department of Islamic Studies
- Special CRASHers events, our programming intended for those ages 21-40, including salsa dance classes, international cooking lessons, and sound-check parties
Thank you to all our members for making these engagement opportunities possible.